Consolidated Construction Co., Inc. has been providing streamlined design and construction services to clients across the Upper Midwest since 1950. By consolidating funding, architecture, construction and service into a single source, we’ve simplified project delivery and won national awards for ingenuity and cost reduction. Our projects run the gamut from industrial buildings to churches, hotels, schools and commercial buildings, and our reputation has propelled us to grow to more than 400% in the past ten years. Consolidated Construction is made up of high-performing teams of empowered individuals that believe in mutual respect, integrity, and a passion for transforming our customers’ visions into reality. More information about Consolidated, our people and our projects can be viewed at: http://www.1call2build.com.
Consolidated Construction Co., Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that offers a comprehensive benefit package including and not limited to: Paid Time Off, Health and Dental Insurance, Health Saving Account, Short and Long Term Disability, Fitness and Tuition Reimbursements, and Life Insurance.
The Superintendent will lead the building process by planning, coordinating, and directing the work. In addition, supervise company personnel and subcontractors to ensure the project remains on schedule and in compliance with safety regulations as well as company policy. Commercial Construction project value range; up to $25 million.
- Manage and oversee all on-site activities related to the safe and efficient construction of commercial buildings
- Prepare construction schedules and manage jobsite resources such as suppliers, contractors and equipment
- Keep the project on schedule and document progress weekly using software systems
- Identify and facilitate the problem solving process, specifically those issues that may affect safety, cost, quality, and/or final delivery of a project
- Review shop drawings for accuracy and ensure that work being completed meets specifications listed; communicate all needed updates efficiently
- Ensure project specifications are met with regard to required materials and equipment installation per industry standards
- Calculate and allocate resources, resolve design problems, evaluate and implement change orders to ensure project delivery
- Meet construction budgets by monitoring project expenditures and identifying variances with corrective action
- Approve trade contractor applications for payment and conduct inspections at critical phases to verify compliance with contract documents
- Ensure safety standards; prevent fines and interruptions by complying with and enforcing local and state codes
- Schedule, coordinate, and complete the punch list prior to the owner taking occupancy; respond to requests for service
- Continually refresh and update job knowledge by understanding emerging construction practices
- High School Diploma with 7 years’ experience in Commercial Construction Management is required
- Must be willing to travel
- OSHA certification / training a plus
- Computer skills are required to maintain written communication with clients and co-workers (MS Windows, MS Word, MS Outlook)